EDiTtalks | Inclusive Education by Design
In our latest EDiTtalks Vol.05, we had the privilege of speaking with Evelyn Loredo, a Diversity & Inclusion Specialist, about the importance of designing inclusive EdTech products and services.
Defining Education: A Taxonomy for the Future of Learning
Evelyn discussed the World Economic Forum’s Skills 4.0 initiative, a global initiative to improve education for skills which emphasizes the need for education systems to adopt a “skills-first” approach. However, she also stressed the importance of going beyond this framework to create truly inclusive education for all or what she calls “Skills 5.0”. Based on her extensive experience, Evelyn highlighted four critical skills that EdTech providers must prioritize:
1. Empathy: Understanding and empathizing with the diverse needs of learners.
2. Design for all: Including marketing for all. Creating products and services that are accessible and effective for everyone, regardless of their abilities.
3. Inclusive language: Using language that is sensitive and inclusive to all learners.
4. Accessibility (physical and digital): Ensuring that EdTech products and services are physically and digitally accessible to all learners.
Part 1: Creating inclusive EdTech products and services
Listen below to hear Diversity & Inclusion Specialist, Evelyn Loredo, discuss the importance of creating inclusive EdTech products and services.
Listen to The EDiTtalks Vol.05 (Part 1)
Part 2: Successful inclusive education by design projects
In part 2 of the EDiTtalks Evelyn discusses examples of successful projects that have adopted a design-inclusive approach to education. These projects include Microsoft’s Code Jumper, the Iztapalapa Technological University in Mexico, Lazarillo, and Key2Enable. Through these projects, learners with different abilities are experiencing education in transformative and innovative ways.
Listen to The EDiTtalks Vol.05 (Part 2)
The EDiTtalks are part of our #NoLearnerLeftBehind promise to create truly inclusive learning environments for all learners, everywhere.
Can we help you leverage your EdTech Solution?
EDT&Partners is a global consulting firm dedicated to the Business of Education. From publishers to universities and Edtech companies, we work to support and accelerate innovation, strategy and impact. We can help you with:
- Optimizing cloud spend
- Interoperability and integrations
- Planning your next big AI machine learning initiative
To learn more about what we do, schedule a meeting with one of our consultants today or send us an email at email@example.com.
Interested in more Reports and news?